Re: Insulting everyone

To: MGS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insulting everyone
From: macleodm@cadvision.com (Michael MacLeod)
Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 18:54:24 -0700

>Mike Gigante added "whinging pommies."  I can just imagine an Aussie (insult?)
>muttering that under his/her breath.  Here in the states, constant complaining
>is called "whining."  I wonder if they're pronounced the same.

A Kiwi friend of mine once proclaimed that he was 18 before he realized
that pobbey and bastard were two different words.  He also claimed that I
once took them 4 hours to wheel the stairs up to a British Air Liner
because theu runway crew couldn't tell when the whine from the engines had
stopped and the whine from the passengers had started.

Michael MacLeod    From Alberta - Where the beer and the antelope freeze!!
'68 BSA Spitfire                   '60 MGA                      '63 Jag Mk 10
'83 BMW R100 RS