Re: Heater Control Knobs, Dash, et al...

To: loki@computek.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Heater Control Knobs, Dash, et al...
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 01:09:31 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-09 14:38:34 EST, loki@computek.net (Ross A.
Goldberg) writes:

>My really question for this post is that in the dash (66 MGB) about each
>knob (the heater control and the heater vent knobs) is a little hold about
>this size: 'o' <g> that I assume some sort of 'piece' goes in to brightly
>indicate the top of the dial (like we couldn't figure it out by ourselves).
>Anyway, I have never found what was supposed to be in there and I would love
>to make my dash look 100% original.  Does anyone know what goes in these
>holes?  The color?  Material?  Etc?

There is supposed to be a little  "o" stud at the twelve oclock position that
sticks out a little bit, they can be black if someone has been sloppy on the
dash but are supposed to be shiny metal, "the better to see you with, my
dear"
As for the overdrive switch, there is an "official" plug that goes there,
only should be one hole though, not 3. This hole is better used by the switch
for your auxillary "move-over-I'm-a-big-18-wheeler" air horns or big blinding
driving lights.  :-)