Re: Tires for B's

To: Ragthyme@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tires for B's
From: Johnmowog@aol.com
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 1996 03:04:51 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-14 14:14:59 EST, Ragthyme@aol.com writes:

>I found the same thing with the 165's I have on the B ... they corner and
run
>MUCH better than the wider tyres, but don't work nearly as well in heavy
>rainstorms or snow

Like they say it's not just size..
Which larger tires or smaller ones you have, and whether they fit the wheel
properly, is much more important than size. Fuldas are going to be a better
handling tire than Grand Auto specials, especially if they're so wide they
the sidewalls are bowed out. The fact that you are having better results with
a smaller tire in the dry, but were better off wet with the old bigger ones,
shows the problem was tire model, not size, since in nasty water conditions
the narrow tire should handle better all things being equal (the larger tire,
less loaded per sq/in, will hydroplane first if no other variables)