oil>>>>>slick

To: mgs@triumph.cs.utah.edu
Subject: oil>>>>>slick
From: PVANDAL@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 1996 08:41:10 -0500
Last fall I purchased a '73 MGB driver to sit along side my  '62 AH-BT7 and
'68 TR-250.  Although both the latter vehicles leak oil, it in no way comes
close to the MG.   Over the winter I place a large cardboard under the engine
area of the MG.   This cardboard is now fully saturated and has small
puddles.    With all the stories of Brit cars and the oil leaks......is this
something that I should be concerned with?   What are the normal places to
begin to control the circumstance?  ie replace the oil pan gasket?  I realize
that with the AH the engine was designed without a rear main seal and the
only seal is the rear main bearing tollerance.   Could the MG have more
serious problems than the sump gasket??