Re: removing dash

To: schwerdt@isns1.shasta.com
Subject: Re: removing dash
From: Bert.Otten@nni.nl
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 09:22:12 +0100
Paul wrote:

>I have run into a few snags removing the dash from my 64 B.  I have
>everything  removed except two items... the oil/temp gauge, and the
>choke.  I can't get the  sending unit off the gauge, and I have no
>clue how to go about removing the  choke nob, or whatever is needed
>to get it seperated from the dash.  Any help is  appreciated, I
>don't want to leave my dash hanging much longer.  Thanks.

>-Paul   http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/1482/

Paul,

I ran into the same problem last year. The oil/temp indicator has two
connections. The oil line is easy to remove from the instrument
itself. The watertemp line is however firmly attached to meter. Don't
try to remove it from the instrument itself! You have to loosen it in
the engine compartment from the thermostat housing.

Choke cable is identical. Remove it from the carburettors and guide
it completely through the dash.

Good luck,

Bert Otten