Re: Fuel pump / line...?

To: Ragthyme@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel pump / line...?
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 10:54:51 -0600 (MDT)
My vote is with Jay and Corey. It sounds like the problem is too sudden
to be fuel. Plus if it was a quick off and then on, it might explain the
grinding starter.

Fuel problems tend to be less abrupt - more of a sputtering.

I suspect
the coil since the tach (electric?) gets its signal from it. I had an
ignition coil malfunction similar to this in my 65B and replacing it
cured the problem. That solution will set you back some $35-$40.

Unfortunately, intermittent electrical problems are tough to isolate.
Either you wait until it gets worse or you try replacing components until
the problem goes away. Cleaning terminals may also help.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net