Re: Fuel pump / line...?

To: SimJaysun@aol.com
Subject: Re: Fuel pump / line...?
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 1996 01:07:55 +0600
SimJaysun@aol.com wrote:
>2)  Suddenly, there is NO power from the engine, no response when the
>throttle is depressed, and the tach has dropped to zero.  I can't even really
>hear the engine running at all, so I go to step 3...

No tach and no go, eh?  Eeeeelectrical problem.

The tach is tied to the coil, so a death of both engine and tach
sure sounds like a problem with the spark, not the fuel.  Is it
only the engine and tach that go wonky, or do signals, wipers,
heater, reverse and brake lights . . . everything tied to a green
wire . . .  go at the same time?

Prob'ly a funky ignition relay.  Kind of hard to piece together from
your description (as you guessed :) ), but if you crank the engine,
and it turns over but won't continue running once you turn the key
back to 'II', it's the ignition relay.  Bet on it.

Might also check out the electronic ignition module if it's still fitted
with the original Lucas one.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu  | Virginia Tech
http://fbox.vt.edu:10021/J/jtilton/index.html