Re: Positive Ground MG and jump starting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Positive Ground MG and jump starting
From: jsnyder@snicc.dseg.ti.com (James A. Snyder)
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 96 11:12:41 CDT
Bill, here is correct. Always connect + to + and - to - when jumping a
positive ground car from a negative ground model (or vice versa.). "Ground"
is a relative term, whereas + and - actually describe the direction of
current flow (unless you live in Britain :-) (a little EE jab)).

To do otherwise will invite a battery explosion. I have personally
witnessed the results of one of these and can testify that it could/would
be very hazardous to your health. Besides throwing the debris associated
with any explosion, a battery offers all that battery acid as well.

Jim Snyder