Re: Clunker Laws

To: Ragthyme@aol.com
Subject: Re: Clunker Laws
From: Bill D <billd@doa.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 1996 17:39:21 -0400 (EDT)
On Sun, 21 Apr 1996 Ragthyme@aol.com wrote:

> There's a lovely little song by Rush, 'Red Barchetta', that does the theme of
> an overly-enthusiastic government regulation of autos very nicely.  I always
> considered that tune sort of an inspiration when I was in school, but I never
> thought it'd come to pass.  Just goes to show.

And "Red Barchetta" is based on a piece that appeared in Road and Track
magazine some years back, "A Nice Morning's Drive," by Richard S. Foster,
which is about an Auto Outlaw who takes his red '71 MGB out for a spin.

Bill "read the album credits for _Moving Pictures_" D
red '71 MGB "the Red Barchetta"
seen every RUSH (the band not the Limbaugh) tour since '83
p.s. 'Barchetta'=='small boat' in Italian

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have