RE: Distributors

To: "David M. Hall" <dhall@hp-vcd.vcd.hp.com>
Subject: RE: Distributors
From: Don Mathis <tdm@smtp-gw.ak.att.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 08:59:03 -0400

>> Subject: Distributors
>>
>> Question regarding distributors came up while talking with
>> a friend last night:
>>
>>   If an conversion is done to electronic ignition using a Luminition
>>  type kit, are the centrifugal weights still needed in the dist.?
>>
>> I said yes because the function of timing is seperate from the function
>> performed by the replaced points (which is opening to discharge the built
>> up voltage). My friend disagrees.
>>
>> I must let people know that a six-pack of Bass Ale rests on the answer.
>> Thanks in advance.
>> Bruce in N.J.

Speaking of Distributors.....You ought to attempt to find a distributor cap
for a '37 Bentley !!  I've seen them priced around $80 - up.  If I were to
replace my points with an electronic ignition ( forget originality...I'll
hide it somewhere.)  Could I use a slightly cracked distributor cap?  This
is just information to give me options for the future.  Thanks--

Don Mathis,Ph.D.
Member of Technical Staff
LUCENT TECHNOLOGIES
        Bell Labs Innovations