Re: MGB Clutch slave travel

To: mgs@autox.team.net, RJohn50603@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Clutch slave travel
From: Chuck_Ciaffone_at_WG-RAL@smtp.wg.com
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 96 07:55:33 EST

        Hey, same as my 72 midget.

        But the "list" convinced me that this is a normal condition for a
        Midget.  With the MG in 1st or rverse, sitting on a slight hill,
        when you press the clutch in and give a little gas, does it roll
        down the hill? Or go with the gear? Mine rolls.  Hence the clutch is
        really disengaged.  Just no synchro in 1st and reverse.  I compensate
        by sliding it into a synchro'ed gear for a smidge, then slide it into
        1st or reverse.  Works for me ... usually.

        chuckc