Re: The new MG's

To: "Stephen J. Hall" <shall@maltanet.omnes.net>
Subject: Re: The new MG's
From: fickes@apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Date: Thu, 2 May 1996 15:14:13 -0700
>Hi Guy's
>
>What's all this deadness about new MG's
>
>doesn't anybody care about the marque in this day and age.
>
>If not may I be the first to call all of you a bunch of self centered=20
>creeps who live in a world of your own.
>
>In the past month or so all I've seen is text about the classic MG's=20
>which I love dearly, but I feel a little credit should go into the new=20
>ones once in a while don't you?
>
>A true MG Lover!

I REALLY resent that statement!!  I haven't been ALLOWED to buy a new MG for=
 over a decade, and now you have the chutzpah to say I'm not loyal to the=
 marque?  What really burns me is the lack of consideration to the money and=
 time I have put into keeping my cars nice and running.  Most "self centered=
 creeps" on this list drive their MGs regularly, work on their own cars, and=
 toss back a pint once a year to Cecil.  Or more often even.  This is out of=
 love for the marque, not to keep some boring old crackerbox limping along. =
 Credit to the new MGs?  Sure, I talk about them as much as I'm allowed to=
 drive them.  Not at all.  I'll just continue to restrict my comments to=
 what I'm qualified to have an opinion on.

Apologies for posting this rant, I just can't stand being called a creep=
 because B(PS)L->Rover->BMW won't let me get into a new MG.

Or was Stephen just trying to light flames...  sf

Stan Fickes             '25 MG Super Sports 14/28
Wireless Communications '51 MGTD, under restoration
Apple Computer, Inc.    '65 Austin-Healey Sprite, daily driver
(408) 974-7653          '57 Chev Bel Air StWgn (seats 6!)
http://www.foundations.com/fickes/home.html