The new MG's

To: mgs@autox.team.net, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: The new MG's
From: dmw@tadpole.co.uk (David Wilkinson)
Date: Fri, 3 May 96 11:15:11 BST
   From: "A.D.Smith" <A.D.Smith@boris.umds.ac.uk>

   >>>How do our British brethren (who can actually buy new MGs) feel?

   I got a brochure for the MGF sent to me here at work - since when did an MG
   owner need a silly ski rack to go on top at vaste expense.

   Where have our engineering traditions gone ?

   And to add insult to injury and ugliness, it's not even a british car
   anymore, it's a german company, so why should we even talk about it on
   a list dedicated to classic British sportscars ?

Could these things be linked? Whilst not being a fan of modern cars,
modern car manufacturers unfortunately have to appeal to modern car
buyers. The British car industry has (in the last 20 years at least)
been too little too late. If the MGF had been released at the time of
the RV8 (?)  then it might still be British and there would be alot
less MX-5s (Miatas?) on the road.

Of course I could be talking rubbish. Whatever, I'll stick with my
Alpine.

Dave W.

   David Wilkinson                                    dmw@tadpole.co.uk
   Tadpole Technology PLC
   Cambridge                                          Tel: 01223 428265
   UK                                                 Fax: 01223 428203