Re: Non-adjustable carb floats

To: Pschauss@aol.com
Subject: Re: Non-adjustable carb floats
From: "U. Goettsch" <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 08:09:39 -0700 (PDT)
On Tue, 7 May 1996 Pschauss@aol.com wrote:
> So my question is, how, or should I be adjusting the floats on
> these carbs?  I can see how I could set them lower by placing
> shims under the needle valve, but there does not seem to
> be any room to adjust them higher.

Talking about shims. Where can you get them separately?
I believe Motorhead sells them with the float.
I ordered a float from Special Interest, no shims.
I called back and they said they usually come with carb rebuild kits.
That's just great, why not throw them in with the turn signal lenses...?
That that smart*** suggested I buy sime gross, no, grose jets, because
they come with shims!

Anyone?
Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy

           "My philosophy is to fit the best tyres available, not to
            cover up braking performance with ABS," he explains. And
            airbags? "They're a marketing exercise. They were
            introduced because the Americans weren't prepared to
            legislate for the compulsory wearing of seat belts.
            And I hate gimmicks."

                                Peter Wheeler, owner and director of TVR