Re: Non-adjustable carb floats

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Non-adjustable carb floats
From: David Councill <dcouncil@cu.comp-unltd.com>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 09:33:45 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 9 May 1996 Pschauss@aol.com wrote:

> Well I just checked my float valve and there are _no_
> shims where it screws into the cover.  Looks like the only
> way to adjust the float up would be to machine a bit of
> a recess into the cover where the float valve screws in.
>
> Peter Schauss
> pschauss@aol.com
> 1980 MGB
> 1963 Austin-Healey 3000 Mk II

A recess in the cover? Sounds like voodoo mechanics. Buy the jets and you
will get the shims. The float valve and needle or the grose jets will
only set you back about $5 apiece. A small price to do it right.

David Councill
dcouncil@imt.net

Even a car homepage with a rudimentary LBC section:
http://www.imt.net/~dcouncil/auto.html