Re: Accelerator cable woes

To: fickes@apple.com (Stan Fickes)
Subject: Re: Accelerator cable woes
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 13:27:05 -0600
SECOND Try:

Thanks for the suggestion on how to run an MG using the idle speed and choke.

My suggestion is SHOELACES.

I had a Renault something or other (but not Le Car) several years ago and
was heading home on an interstate when the same thing happened.  I just took
the shoelaces out of my tennis shoes and tied one end to the attachment for
the accelerator cable.  Then i pulled it through the little air vent by the
windshield and into the air vent of the drivers door.  Tied it off when I
reached cruising speed (~60 mph) and cruised on home.

Maybe we should keep a spare cable on hand???

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                                  http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86                http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia      -      We're a Hole in One !