Re: Is the MITYVAC good?

To: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.ColoState.EDU>
Subject: Re: Is the MITYVAC good?
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 May 1996 14:33:29 -0600 (MDT)
On Tue, 7 May 1996, Nick Benson wrote:

> MITYVAC pumps
>
> I've seen this brake bleeding pump on sale in various places, and often
> wondered if it works as good as it's touted to be.  It's currently
> offered through The Eastwood Company for $32

Didn't work very well for me.  I thought it _sucked_!  Ba-ba-bing!  $40
from M*ss or $19.95 from Wal-Mart.  Didn't work worth a shit.  BUT -- it
may have saved my life: I had been driving around on 35 year old flex
hoses, I put the MITYVAC on there, squeezed up a good vacuum, and
collapsed the rear hose.  Leak, leak, leak.  Wow, good thing that happened
in the driveway and not on the highway.  Bought all new flex hoses.  Just
for kicks, before replacing the front hoses, I put the MITYVAC [imagine
echo here] on a front wheel cylinder and collapsed that hose, too.  My
problem with the MITYVAC was that I was refilling an empty system and I
don't think it could suck all that air out.  Pushing the fluid through the
traditional way seems best to me.

> I've tried a device that connected to the spare tire, I think it was
> called an Eezibleed, and that was bloody useless.  It immediately blew brake
> fluid out past the cap and all over the car.
> I sent that straight back to Victoria British.
>
> Anyway, I appreciate any comments or suggestions.
>
> Please reply to me directly because I cannot subscribe to the group anymore,

Yeah, OK, but I'll reply to the group as well.

> Nick D. Benson
> Dept. of Industrial Sciences
> Colorado State University
> Fort Collins  CO