Comparing carbs

Subject: Comparing carbs
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Sat, 11 May 1996 18:14:20 -0400 (EDT)
Could someone give me a capsule rundown of the differences between:

HS6 (pair)
Weber downdraft
Weber sidedraft (45 DCOE)
SK sidedraft

?

Which might give a performance increase for autocross over a pair of
HIF4s, but not destroy street tractability?

I have a Kent 714 cam, headers, and an Aldon-recurved distributor.

The SK seems to have a vacuum port for the advance, and a mixture as well
as idle adjust.  Does it use jets like the Weber sidedraft, or is it only
the mixture screw?

Thanks!!  Answers tonight would be best (I'm at Carlisle and trying to
make the right choice).

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
"Disinformation is not as good as datinformation."