How "normal" people feel about their cars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: How "normal" people feel about their cars
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 May 1996 08:26:46 -0600 (MDT)
This isn't a rant, just rambling thoughts while driving to work.

Noticing other people driving to work in their non-lbc's.  Got me to
thinking.  Most of them look still asleep.  I'm ON!  Of course I'm
driving an MGA instead of a Honda.  I doubt if many of these people shout
out "YES!!!" while driving to work, simply because the sights, sounds,
and feel of it is so ... something.  If you're feeling really superior,
you can shout "I RULE!!!" :)  Anyway, I was thinking that most of these
people _don't_ think about their cars, unless something breaks.  Their
cars are appliances.  Like refrigerators.  If it stops working they call
a repair shop.  If it's going to cost a lot to fix, they throw it away
and buy a new one.  I'm onto something here.  They don't spend time
cleaning, adjusting, and polishing their toasters.  Same goes for their
cars.  (I have a beautiful collection of vintage Sunbeams, BTW, and
several other non-Sunbeam models.)  Of course to some people their car is
a status symbol, something to look good and make them feel important, or
something.  They polish their cars to show off (or pay someone else to
polish it).  Whatever.

Hey, it's Friday!  Everyone have a good day at work, then get in your lbc
and shout "YES!!!  I RULE!!!" and see if anybody looks at you funny.
Drive, drive, drive.  Have a good weekend.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA
Khoral Research Inc.
Albuquerque NM USA