Re: How "normal" people feel about their cars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: How "normal" people feel about their cars
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Sat, 18 May 1996 00:05:19 +0600
Kevin Sullivan wrote:

>Hey, it's Friday!  Everyone have a good day at work, then get in your lbc
>and shout "YES!!!  I RULE!!!" and see if anybody looks at you funny.

Do that everyday, even non-Fridays.  Shoot, I even find myself doing it
at times when I'm not even in the car.

My favorite occasion is when I get up just before twilight, the
temperature's a balmy sixty degrees, and I remember I didn't bother
putting the top up the night before.  Make myself a big mug of coffee
and just drive laps around town or investigate a side road I've never
had reason to travel before.  Usually like to listen to the mechanical
music, sometimes it's news and weather on the radio, but occasionally
I can't resist a dose of The Ramones.  Can't begin to describe what a
great start to the day that makes.

But in present company, I probably don't have to.

Next time you see a red-haired mustachioed idiot in a blue MGB going
nowhere and singing "Beat on the brat with a baseball bat!" gimme a
wave.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu