Re: my trip to England

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my trip to England
From: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 22 May 1996 08:59:36 BST
> .........a quarter of the cars were British, a quarter
> German, somewhat less than a quarter French, and the rest Japanese.
> That compared to Munich, where I was the following week, where over
> half the cars were domestic German, a quarter other European marques
> (almost no British, though), and the rest Japanese. The German car
> industry is certainly healthier than the British.

Yes, the German auto industry is healthier than the British.....because
we don't have a car industry. Rover is owned by BMW, Ford is American,
Vauxhall are part of Opel who are GM...and so on. The only genuinely
British manufactuers are the people who make REAL cars - TVR, Caterham,
Marcos, AC, Westfield, and Lotus (depending on exactly who owns them
at any point in time).

Stephen Brook
Brunel University
London