Re: my trip to England

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my trip to England
From: Stephen Brook <em92ssb@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 08:43:05 BST
> > The day that a Caterham has even a slight chance of passing Federal
> > safety regs, I'll eat my hat. The new Caterham 21 may stand a chance,
> > but not the Sevens....
>
> IT IS A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT CATERHAM EXPORT NEW CARS AS VINTAGE
> CARS TO THE U.S.A. - TAKE MY WORD FOR IT.

Would any native North Americans like to add any input? It seems very unlikely
me that Caterham do this. How do they get round the safety (and other) rules?

Carroll Shelby recently sold a number of Cobras in the same spec. as they
were originally sold in the USin the 1960's , but he sold them with the
disclaimer that
he couldn't guarantee that any state would register them for road use.

Caterham can hardly claim that they are selling classic cars when all
of the components are brand new.....

Stephen Brook
Brunel University
London