Batteries

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Batteries
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 1996 09:58:42 -0700 (PDT)
I seem to be the proud owner of two dead-as-a-doornail 6volt batteries.

The local MG shop tells me that I should replace them with two new
6volters (cost, $62.95 apiece) rather than a _much_ cheaper 12volt.
Why?  Allegedly, because the amperage is higher with the 6volters "...and
with those early cars, you need it!" and, less convincingly, "...because
that's what came on the car."

Anybody care to opine?  I sure would like to go with the single 12volt
unless there really is a good functional reason to stay with the little guys.

Thanks.

-- Marc