Re: New (CA) gas & fuel leaks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New (CA) gas & fuel leaks
From: The Meanone <meanone@ece.ucsb.edu>
Date: Fri, 24 May 96 15:54:22 PDT
>Date: Fri, 24 May 1996 15:53:55
>To: Melissa Mann <mmann@kirin.ccmail.com>
>From: The Meanone <meanone@xanadu.ece.ucsb.edu>
>Subject: Re: New (CA) gas & fuel leaks
>
>At 03:32 PM 5/24/96 -0700, you wrote:
>>As many of you know, California has recently switched to the new gasoline.
I think some of the other states have been using this new gas as well.

>>I was wondering if anyone on the list has noticed any differences with the
new gas -- in performance, gas mileage, etc.  Also, has anyone gotten a fuel
leak?

>>I'm especially interested, because I have quite the fuel leak.  I noticed
it today on my way back from lunch.  Let's just say that I'm really glad I
don't smoke!  I can also attest to the fact that the new gas smells quite a
bit different than the old stuff.

>>New gas, new fuel leak...coincidence?  I think not (but I don't want to
jump to conclusions.)

>>Anyone else?
>>
>>-- Melissa (gas is not getting to the carb., so I reckon I'll be walking
home tonight!)

>Yes, some of us have gotten fuel leaks. Not only did it destroy my rubber
hoses, it also ate
>the accerator pump on my 66 Mustungs carberator too.
>
>I have a seen a few friends whom have different brand cars that are getting
a fuel leaks.

>I say it is the new gas.

THE MEANONE (aka) Bob Stevenson   (805) 893-2403

"The greatest power is often simple patience."

             E. Joseph Cossman