RE: OD vacuum question

To: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Subject: RE: OD vacuum question
From: "Ernest E. Gilbert" <barrister@lawref.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 96 09:33:19 -0700
Because the switch is marginally necessary, I've disconnected the vacuum,
sealed the intake manifold, and driven sans the loud clicking.  No problems
w/the OD engaging or disengaging.  I'm careful about it and use the clutch.

No need to use the clutch, the OD engage system is itself a conical clutch
which is forced together with oil pressure generated in the OD unit. It was
meant to be an improvement over the early american ODs that required you to
take your foot off the gas and allow them to ingage. I don't have mine hooked
up either and all is ok. I even heard that not all OD cars were originally
equiped with the vacuume switch.

talking about here?  Does an MG owner, asking a question in the woods, make
any sense?

What's the woods got to do with it.

Ernest
barrister@lawref.com