Re: Eqpt review: Moss MGB wood steering wheel

To: Damit Dick <DamitDick@gnn.com>
Subject: Re: Eqpt review: Moss MGB wood steering wheel
From: "G.J." <johnsong@is.dal.ca>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 1996 20:39:20 -0300 (ADT)
On Mon, 3 Jun 1996, Damit Dick wrote:

> A. B. Bonds wrote:

snip...
> >You get to retain the original horn push (a mixed blessing).  It
> >fits early 70's B's that had that kinda leathery wheel with the
> >not-quite-stainless brushed spokes that rust.

I have this steering wheel, as described above, and also have considered
this "new" Moss steering wheel as a possible replacement.

Is the "mirror" finish of the spokes a problem in the sun with the top
down.  That is, is it hard on the eyes?  I'm not sure that I want a
steering when that makes me go blind when the sun hits it just right!

Any how, for now, this steering wheel has made it to my
Christmas/Birthday list, along with the Alloy Valve Cover, K&N Air
filter...

   / ______/        |   |  Greg A.M.Johnson           '72 & '66 MGB
 /   \   ___        |   |  Biology Dept.
 \     \_\  \  /\ __|   |  Dalhousie University
   \______   / \________|  Halifax, N.S., Canada
          \/
   * See the British Automobile Touring Association of NS Home Page!*

          http://www.ccn.cs.dal.ca/Recreation/BATANS/index.html