RE: Slick 50

To: "J. Knight" <taoistjd@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: RE: Slick 50
From: macleodm@cadvision.com (Michael MacLeod)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 1996 07:11:45 -0600
>Bruce Wrote:
>>Got a buddy who just bought a 67 'B and wants to put Slick 50 in when he
>>changes the oil. He said he has put this into every car he has bought. I told
>>him I'd see what everyone thought about this product.
>
>>I've seen the ads for this stuff. What do you think? Yea or Nea?
>NEA!  for several reasons...
>
>I spent several years working for a multi-state parts chain and this was
>a big discussion.  We reviewed independent testing, done by various
>firms, on Slick 50 and the other such products.  It shows that they are a
>waste of time and money.

        Thanks for the information.

        I was looking for some concrete reasons why this stuff shouldn't
work.  Intuitively it seems wrong, if only because it is being touted on
infomercials.
        (The infomercials alone should be reason enough to reject it out of
hand.)

        Of course there are people out there who still buy rubbish from
these soul-less marketing goofs.

        Thanks again.  I trust you were able to save the motors of some
people on the edge.

Michael MacLeod    From Alberta - On the Eastern Slope of the Canadian Rockies
'68 BSA Spitfire        '60 MGA                         2 Old Martin Guitars
'83 BMW R100 RS         '90 Subaru (driver)             1 Old Gibson Archtop
                        Config.Sys.Poop  (Get a Mac)