75 MGB purchase and ignition switch

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 75 MGB purchase and ignition switch
From: Robert Rhodes <aa101479@dasher.csd.sc.edu>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 1996 11:31:21 -0400 (EDT)
        Hello all,

        My father in law just purchased a 75 MGB which needs the usual
cosmetic attention.  However in helping to get it started yesterday I
noticed a couple of things.

        First, it needs a new ignition switch.  Anyone have a spare out
there?  How about advice on removing the old one?

        Second, While fiddling with the wires underneath the car I
noticed that the DPO hacked through the center support under the
transmission in order to remove it at some point.  Is there a replacement
piece for this or do I just need to weld in metal and form the brace?
Note that its not the transmission mount, rather a body part.

        Finally, I think this year MGB is pretty interesting, rubber
bumpers, old style dash and guages, sort of a mix between the old and the
new.  Any advice on items specifically for this year?  If only the DPO
had not been the owner of wire cutters and a hacksaw this would have been
very straight forward to return  to the road.

Rob Rhodes                              Columbia, S.C.
72 B