Re: MGB Cruise Control

To: DamitDick@gnn.com (Damit Dick)
Subject: Re: MGB Cruise Control
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 00:52:18 +0600
Damit Dick wrote:
>I'd like to know more about your cruise control. Did you install it
>yourself or was it already installed when you bought the car? Do
>you know where one might find a cruise control unit for an MGB?
>I'm departing for Indianapolis shortly with my MGB and it would be
>great to have cruise control!

I posed that question to the SOL list long ago, though I didn't pursue it.
The replies I got led me to belive most any off-the-shelf aftermarket CC
setup would work.

All it needs is a source of vacuum (maybe a separate pump; don't know if
manifold vacuum with its intrinsic vagaries would suffice) to operate a
servo linked to the throttle (the servo mounting bracket may require a
little fabrication), a speed sensor (probably hitched up like the
electronic tach--it doesn't need to know exact numbers, just 'too fast'
or 'too slow'), a place to mount the 'brains,' and a place inside the
cockpit to mount the switches.  Badaboom badabing, and off you go.
--
Jay Tilton  |  jtilton@vt.edu