steering rack

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: steering rack
From: Bob McDonald <mcdonald@San-Jose.ate.slb.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 1996 08:52:17 -0700
    I finally got the frontend rebuilt on my 67b this last winter, new
    kingpins, bushes and bearings. Now I'm looking at the slop that I
    still have in the steering. I'll be replacing the tie-rod ends for
    good measure but I believe most of the play could be attributed to the
    steering rack. I haven't seen replacement parts available to rebuild
    the MGB racks. Is this one of those examples where I have to buck up
    and buy a new one? Has anyone ever done a rebuild on a steering rack?

    Bob mcdonald
    mcdonald@san-jose.ate.slb.com