Re: Overriding problems

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overriding problems
From: thorpe@kegs.saic.com (Denise Thorpe)
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 96 10:07:19 PDT
Ric Hamilton questioned:

> >Denise Thorpe responded:
>
> >  Once the chrome carriage bolt turns like that, the trick is to file
> >a screwdriver slot into the head of the bolt.  If you're not good with a
> >file, it's a good idea to put duct tape on the bumper around where you're
> >filing.  Good luck!
> >

> Sorry to be a buttinski but couldn't you use ..um.. let's see where did I
> put that thing,... ummm here it is, a Dremel tool for the same effect?

I s'pose so.  But the screwdriver slot in the bolt head needs to be narrow
and have perfectly square edges or the screwdriver will slip out.  I don't
know about you, but I wouldn't want a grinding stone that thin to be
spinning at that speed anywhere near me.  Besides, those things have a
tendency to walk and no amount of duct tape will stop one.  I use the thin
edge of a jeweller's file.  It doesn't take that long and then there are no
surprises.

Denise Thorpe
thorpe@kegs.saic.com