Hold The 'Phone - Carb Solved

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hold The 'Phone - Carb Solved
From: mgguyc100@ra.isisnet.com (Williams/MG Guy)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 19:58:07 -0300 (ADT)
Bingo!

Ignore (to a degree) that earlier post - I've discovered the problem...

The Gross jet had worked itself loose, and was almost completely out! The
result, it had blocked the float open. Sigh. Now I recall noticing the jet
was loose in my last jet exchange. How to secure this puppy to the float
bowl lid? I've tightened it as much as I could by hand (small long socket).
I hesitated to use any kind of Lock-tite on the brass threads due to the gas.

Anyone else with Gross jets ever have this problem? Or, anyone with this
problem have Gross jets? Best check.

FYI and - thanks!

Terry "loose jet" williams
'70 BGT