MGB Ignition help

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Ignition help
From: arm@unix.infoserve.net (Ross MacPherson)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 1996 16:11:51 -0700
Greetings Everybody!

Toodling about in the TC has (again) got me motivated to get the GT up and
running and off to the bodyshop. BUT.... I am having touble getting the GT
to fire up.  I have no spark at the plugs.  I hooked my engine analyser up
to each plug lead and nada.  Hooked the analyser up to the coil wire....
zip.  I hooked up an old coil I had kicking around and I now have spark at
the coil but zippo at the plugs.  By a process of elimination I discovered I
have a high resistance between the coil wire connector in the top center
outside the cap and the spring loaded plunger inside that rides on the
rotor. Cannot seem to get a good reading, currently about 20K ohm.  Anybody
out there with a good cap that can tell me for sure that this reading is too
high?  The cap and contacts look real good and I'd hate to have to replace
it needlessly.

Cheers
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT ( not quite running....)