MGB Ignition help

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Ignition help
From: Simon.MATTHEWS@st.com
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 10:47:00 +0200
     Ross, your distributor ought to finction quite happily with an open
     circuit (as measured by an ohmmeter), so 20Kohms does not neccessarily
     imply it is bad.

     When I worked for Lucas (!) they allowed 4 (I think) breaks in the HT
     windings of an ignition coil. So there is a good chance that if you
     try to measure the resistance of the HT side of the coil it will be
     infinite. I could explain why all this works, but not now!

     Regards,
            Simon
     PS. you may have a bad distributor cap -- I'm just pointing out that
     the evidence you have presented so far is not sufficient to convict!