Re: Free tire-purchasing advice

To: jtilton@vt.edu
Subject: Re: Free tire-purchasing advice
From: Ragthyme@aol.com
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 09:39:25 -0400
Jay:

Gooood advice. I'll remember that if ever I'm in Blacksburg again.

If you're ever in Fredericksburg, there's a really good shop that installs
tyres. 'Tire Tread Service' in Bridgewater Str. Ugly, out of the way in a
semi-rotten neighbourhood, it's really an exceptionally clean shop when you
get inside. Something to look for, that.

The fellas there are all gearheads, they drive old Chevy and Ford pickups,
they have names like Little Billy and Big Billy, they look scrofulous and
have awful redneck accents. But boy, are they good. Only place I've ever been
that really knows the ins and outs of wire wheels (they do a lot of work on
Harleys, y'see). Also, the only place where the mechanic called me in after
putting on four new tyres, handed me the octagon knock-off wrench, and said
very matter of factly, "You'll wanna check them hubs yerself, I reckon. If
that was my car, I know I would." Now, THAT's a tyre guy. :)

Corey
75 MGB 'Rags'