Re: More on oil

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: More on oil
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 1996 16:34:11 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 19 Jun 1996, Allan R. Hovis wrote:

> At the risk of waking up a sleeping dog, there is info in the latest
> Consumer Reports (July 96) on a test of motor oils and engine
> treatments. The test involved 4.5 million miles of driving with New York
> City taxicabs.

I put to you that New York City taxicabs do not encounter the same driving
conditions as average vehicles, and therefore do not form a scientific
basis for a survey that relates to the average vehicle driven by a private
citizen.

Trivial point: NYC taxicabs see high idle time and do virtually *no*
highway mileage.

Bill
'71 MGB (daily driver)

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have