Re: MGC Air Cleaner Bolts

To: NamasteRH@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGC Air Cleaner Bolts
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jun 1996 19:15:25 -0700
>I recently purchased a 1969 MGC that is 100% original and complete, EXCEPT
>for one thing.  The air cleaner hold-down bolts (or would you call them nuts?
> yeah, I guess the internal threads make them nuts) were missing.  I don't
>know how, I don't know why.  At any rate, I need to find replacements.  Any
>ideas?  I am new to the MG world so I don't know any of the more esoteric
>sources.  Vicky Brit doesn't carry them.  Help!

Hi Rick,

I know absolutely nothing about C's except that they have 1-1/2 motors and a
big lump in the bonnet.  What's so special about these bolts (er....nuts)
anyway?  Are they oddball shapes? Can't your local industrial hardware
supplier help?  Enquiring minds want to know....

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT