Re: MGC Air Cleaner Bolts

To: arm@unix.infoserve.net
Subject: Re: MGC Air Cleaner Bolts
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 19:30:24 -0400
In a message dated 96-06-23 22:14:59 EDT, Ross writes:

<< I know absolutely nothing about C's except that they have 1-1/2 motors and
 big lump in the bonnet.  What's so special about these bolts (er....nuts)
 anyway?  Are they oddball shapes? Can't your local industrial hardware
 supplier help?  Enquiring minds want to know....

 Cheers,
    ___        \______                  Ross MacPherson

Ross, et al:

MGC bolts (nuts...WHATEVER), as I understand it, are almost the same as the
MGB bolts (...) except longer.  This means long shaft with a wing nut head on
one end and internal threads at the other (kind of like a nut with a long
shaft attached to it, but the threads are deep into a tube).  I have this
second hand, since I have not actually had any in my hot little hands.

Thanks for your interest.

Rick Hoefle (1969 MGC, 1964 Tiger)