Re: mas quetions

To: pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com
Subject: Re: mas quetions
From: NamasteRH@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 00:12:18 -0400
In a message dated 96-06-24 09:49:37 EDT, Keith writes:

<< 2. Browsing multimeters a bit. How often do you use yours to measure
current?
    It seems the less expensive ones can`t measure currents >1 mA.

The multimeter of choice (IMHO) is one that does very small resistances and
voltages ACURATELY.  When you are checking out  a motor you need to know
resistance across the poles in legitimate one-Ohm increments.  And when you
are trying to search for areas of excessive line loss, accurate Volt readings
are a must.  I personally have little use for current measuremnts, but I'm
still learning too.

Rick Hoefle (1969 MGC, 1964 Tiger)