Re: mas quetions

To: pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com
Subject: Re: mas quetions
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 19:59:05 -0700
At 09:43 AM 6/24/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Hi. Hope everybody had a good weekend. Thanks to those that replied

Yes, splendid thanks.  I spent the whole thing tearing into my GT.

>2. Browsing multimeters a bit. How often do you use yours to measure current?
>   It seems the less expensive ones can`t measure currents >1 mA.

Hi Keith,

I use DMM's every day in my work.  While you will pay more for a meter with
a reasonable current scale the few times you need it will be worth the extra
bucks.  Trouble shooting your car(s) can be done with very limited
electrical equipment though, many do it successfuly with two pieces of wire
and a light bulb.  In my experience cutting corners on tools seldom pays
off.  If you really need a particular tool, buy the best one you can afford
and chances are it will serve you well and long in ways you never foresaw.
In short, if you'r going to get a metter get a good one, one with a ten amp
scale.  Oh, and be sure it's fused! ;)

Cheers,
   ___        \______           Ross MacPherson
  / __ \ __ /       /------|)   arm@unix.infoserve.net
/  (___)---------/ (___)        Vancouver, BC, Canada
 1947 MG-TC 3528                1966 MGB-GT