Re: mas quetions

To: pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com, arm@unix.infoserve.net
Subject: Re: mas quetions
From: jurrasm@genesis.torrco.com (Mark Jurras)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 09:55:20 -0400

> >2. Browsing multimeters a bit. How often do you use yours to measure current?
> >   It seems the less expensive ones can`t measure currents >1 mA.
>

> I use DMM's every day in my work.  While you will pay more for a meter with
> a reasonable current scale the few times you need it will be worth the extra
> bucks.  Trouble shooting your car(s) can be done with very limited
> electrical equipment though, many do it successfuly with two pieces of wire
> and a light bulb.

I too use and have access to very nice DMM's clamp on current probes
and such. But I find the test light (2 wires and a bulb) indespensable
when it comes to trouble shooting wiring. It is nice to see the light
illuminate out of the corer of your eye or reflect off the car instead
of trying to look at the measurement points and meter display at the
same time. Get both!

- -Mark