Preservatives for rubber seals

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Preservatives for rubber seals
From: MGBCHRIS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 1996 17:18:33 -0400
Having recently read several postings regarding the use of Armor-All, and
similar materials on convertible tops, several questions remain.

1.  I recently replaced the windshield frame to body seal.  This is not fun,
and I wouldn't want to do it again if I can avoid it.  What is a suitable
preservative to prevent the rot of this, and other rubber body seals?

2.  Perhaps I missed it, but why can't we use Armor-all type products on
vinyl (PVC).  I agree that the initial shine is too much, but will the
material be damaged?

Best Regards,

MGBChris@aol.com