Re: muffler chains

To: pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com, Markus Schwemmle <markus@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: muffler chains
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 11:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
On Thu, 27 Jun 1996 pharris@eos.vf.mmc.com wrote:

> Hi all. I'm looking for advice. Everything I've heard concerning Midas or
> Minieke (sp?) and our LBCs has been all bad. Is this due to general
> dissatisfaction or problems specifically dealing with British cars.
> I ask because my father wants me to take my '77 midget to Midas. He's never
> had a problem with his Dodge, Chevy or MGB there...Just lucky maybe?
> Thanks!

My buddy and I recently adapted a Sprite muffler to his Spitfire to get
some nicer sound out of the beast.
He took the car to Midas to get a bigger inlet pipe welded to the muffler,
weld a custom mount on the muffler and fit everything together.
The guy was very enthusiastic about the project since it was more
challenging than his usual work and he did a great job.

Moral: It depends very much on the individual mechanic and not as much on
the name on the door. I'd say just try it. I would get any exhaust pieces,
incl. hangers, beforehand though, since you will be sure to get the right
stuff and it will be cheaper than having them get it for you.

Ulix

                    '67 Sprite             '66 Caddy