Re: Carb bushing problem

To: "Deffendall, Kelly, 403" <KDeffendal@cbrl.cbrlcorp.com>
Subject: Re: Carb bushing problem
From: Kevin Sullivan <kevins@borris.khoros.unm.edu>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 1996 07:57:38 -0600 (MDT)
On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Deffendall, Kelly, 403 wrote:

> Here's a puzzler for the net wisdom. My brother is having a problem with leaky
> carbs on his 61 MGA.  They're the stock MG HS carbs.  He's replaced the
>gaskets
> with kits from Moss and tightened them down as much as he dares.  They still
>leak
> at the black rubber gasket on the bottom of the carb body where the float bowl
> extention attaches.  The washer looks like a two step faucet washer thing.

Just been through this exact scenario.  What kind of fuel is he using?
I believe the fuel I was using had alcohol in it.  Started using Chevron
fuel without alcohol and the problem stopped.

Kevin Sullivan -- 1960 MGA                kevins@khoral.com
Khoral Research Inc.                      http://www.khoral.com
Albuquerque NM USA