Re: Gettin' into it this weekend...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Gettin' into it this weekend...
From: "Jason F. Dutt" <simjason@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 1996 23:09:35 -0400
At 02:32 PM 6/28/96 PDT, you wrote:

Thanks for the advice...now, for a response.

>If you are new to
>MGs, you should know that the ONLY correct fluid to use is DOT 4
>brake fluid (Castrol GT LMA is the most common in the US).

OUCH!  The Haynes manual says SAE J1703, so I bought DOT 3, because the
bottle said, "DOT 3, FED. STD. 116, SAE J1703".  Is the Haynes manual wrong
on this??  If not, what's the difference between DOT and SAE ratings?

This could be ugly...  Boy, do I feel like an oaf if I've messed the whole
works up worse than it was.  I only used DOT 3 to top up the systems...
Hopefully, if the PO used DOT 4, I'll get away with it!

Regards,

Jay

[       JASON DUTT       ]
[ simjason@ix.netcom.com ]