I drove an MGA yesterday/wonder whose it is?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: I drove an MGA yesterday/wonder whose it is?
From: drded@ix.netcom.com (David Deutsch)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 1996 16:27:05 -0700
Well I was feeling sorry for myself, since I was unable to attend Indy.
So I decided to cruise the Hamptons and Long Islands North Fork
yesterday. It was Eileen (my wife) and another couple in our Mini(wish
it was austin or cooper but it's a Mazda)van. We stopped at one of the
many wineries and while the others were inside tasting I decided to
walk to the road and there in a service station directly across the
street was a 1962 MGA w\ for sale sign in it's window. So I walked over
and aproached the mechanic to inquire of the asking price. $14,500. he
replyed. I asked if he minded if I popped the hood. He walked inside
and returned with keys and said "take it for a drive if you'd like" So
I did. Not real far since I noticed the reg and inspection were up as
soon as I pull out of the driveway. Then when I returned I noticed
there were no tags either, oops. I like my Bs much more better.

I have to tell you I am a little disturbed. There I was, on foot
remember, and this guy just handed me the keys to a car that I'll bet
he didn't own. In fact when I first asked about "the A" he replyed "you
mean the Midget?" so I know it wasn't his. I don't want to get this guy
in any trouble but if you own or know the guy who owns this red w\
black/red piping leather interior you may want to ask these guys to
screen propective buyers a little before relequishing it's keys. Oh
yeah, thanks for the ride who ever you are. I think your charging
system needs help (ignition light remains on) other than that it's a
very nice car. Safety Fast, David Deutsch