[MG] A list plea(se)...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [MG] A list plea(se)...
From: "A.D.Smith" <as@boris.umds.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 1996 16:24:34 +0100 (BST)
A simple solution, if you're using a unix machine, is to get hold of a bit of
software called "procmail".  You can set it up to filter incoming mail and file
it away or leave it there if you like.

I have mine setup to move all the MGs list messages into a seperate folder, all
the british-cars list mail to another, all the cycling ones to another, and
so on.  Now when I get to work in the morning, instead of 200+ messages to read
through, I just get one from a script I wrote telling me how many new messages
I have in the various places, and the "real" messages.

I think it's freely available - I can find out if you're interested.

Cheers,
        Andy

Andy Castellano Smith.          | email: a.d.smith@umds.ac.uk
Image Processing Group.         | http://www-ipg.umds.ac.uk/~as/
Cunliffe Labs, New Guy's House. | tel. : 0171 955 4208
Guy's Hospital, London SE1 9RT. | fax. : 0171 955 4913

       1977 Chrome Bumper Midget "Mungo" for short.
DPO of 1975 Rubber Bumper Midget "Mary"  for short.

----- Begin Included Message -----

From: flanagin@chaph.usc.edu (Andrew Flanagin)

It occurred to me, as I was trying to wade through the messages to determine
which of them required my attention days ago, that it would be extremely
helpful if I could identify which of them were a result of this list (and,
therefore, probably required little of me for the time being) in a simple
and quick way.

----- End Included Message -----