Re: Flashing LED (WAS: Parking on a Sunny Day

To: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: Flashing LED (WAS: Parking on a Sunny Day
From: Tim Moses <moses@csra.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 08:51:37 -0400
At 12:33 PM 7/22/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Tim, this is an old idea, many places that sell security systems for cars
>also sell decoy lights ready to install.
>I would be surprised if a good thief would really be fooled by these,
>since a lot of red LEDs in todays cars are fakes.
>
>A bad thief might...

        A good thief can steal anything from you at any time.  Nothing you
do will deter them if they are determined to steal your car.  Locks don't;
the Club won't and alarms are a joke.  I realize all of this.

        A bad thief (i.e., stupid, drunk or juvenile) MAY ( I say again,
MAY) be deterred from cracking your steering column and taking the B for a
joy ride if there is "something" there that makes him/her (equal opportunity
employer) think it is going to be more trouble than it's worth.  A flashing
LED in plain view when the top is down, just might do the trick.  And,
according to the original post, the price was right (cheap).

TTFN !
Tim Moses, Esq.                       http://www.csra.net/moses
   U.S. Naval Academy `86      http://www.csra.net/moses/86.htm
Live from Augusta, Georgia     -     We're a Hole in One !