Re: Mystery Black Box

To: KEN & ADELE HEDGES <khedges@awinc.com>
Subject: Re: Mystery Black Box
From: Bill D <billd@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 1996 19:47:13 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 22 Jul 1996, KEN & ADELE HEDGES wrote:

> Does anyone know what the black box behind the radio console on a 75B is?
> It has several wires going to it and has slots in the front, I think it is a
>warning buzzer of some sort.
> I can't find it on my wiriing diagram (too many to choose from).

Seat belt interlock.  For the 1975 model year, cars sold in the USA were
required to have interlock devices that required the driver to buckle hir
seat belt before the motor would start.

A short lived idea.

Most of them have by now been disabled.

Bill

--
billd@doa.net billd@voicenet.com  (Bill Duetschler)
"Yesterday, apropos of nothing, one friend said to me 'Do you ever have