Re: MGA restoration guide

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA restoration guide
From: Rick.Guynn@mail.phoenix.net
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 1996 07:18:10 +0000
> From:          william_hayes@icpphil.navy.mil
> Date:          Wed, 24 Jul 1996 13:28:48 -0400
> Subject:       MGA restoration guide
> To:            mgs@autox.team.net

> Can anyone recommend a restoration guide for the MGA? Is the book by Bob
> Vitrikas "MGA: A History and Restoration Guide" worthwhile. I found Lindsay
> Porter's book and Jim Tyler's MGB Restoration/Preparation/Maintenance very
> helpful for my 72 MGB.

I don't know a whole lot about other books, but whether you want the
Vitrikas book depends on exactly what you want to know.  It is more
of a history and development book for the A (a pretty good one too).
It does have pretty good info on equipment, colors, and what models
had what equipment.  But if you are looking for something with loads
of picture to help guide you in the rebuilding of the car, this is
not what I would choose.  I do have the book, and if you are really
into the story with the A, it's very worthwhile to have.

Just some thoughts from a professional lurker.....

-Rick
'62 MGA